The snow machines, the generators, as well as tons of salt, are ready to be made available to the citizens throughout the bad weather, while all the competent services will be on standby 24 hours, while announcements were issued by the General Regional Police Directorates, all of the country on traffic regulations due to adverse weather conditions.
According to ELAS, due to snowfall in various parts of Attica, there have been corresponding traffic regulations.
In several villages of central and southern Evia the wave of bad weather makes its presence felt. These are mainly mountain villages where the snow in the last hours has exceeded 10-20 points, while according to the forecasts of meteorologists there is expected to be a phenomenon in the coming days.
In villages of the Municipality of Kymi-Aliveri but also in villages of the Municipality of Karystos the phenomena are particularly intense and in fact it has been snowing non-stop in the last hours, while the machinery of the municipalities and the region makes an effort to keep the roads open.
Regarding the national network in the section of PATHE from Lamia to Schimatari has already signaled an alarm and snowplows are located in various places loaded with salt so that the road remains open.
The main weight is expected to be given to the area of Martinos, where particularly heavy snowfalls and frost are expected in the coming hours, but also in the area of Material and Thebes, where according to the forecasts the weather phenomena will be particularly intense.
The General Regional Police Directorate of Central Greece announces that, due to severe weather conditions, the situation on the road network is as follows:
- On the ring road Pentelis – Nea Makri, from the height of the hospital “414 SNEN” to the location “Agios Petros”, as well as from the park of Anatolis to the stadium of Dionysos.
- Dervenochorion, from the height of the canteen to the traffic flow to Boeotia.
- On the Provincial Road Arachova – Eptalofou, from the 13,500th km / s (Skamnos intersection) to the Parnassos Ski Center (Kelaria location).
- On the Provincial Road Arachova – Eptalofou, from the 4th to the 16th km / s (borders with Fokida).
- On the Provincial Road Fili – Dervenochorion – Erythron Attica, from the Monastery of Kleiston to the village of Dafni.
- On the National Road Magoula – Oinoi Schimatari, from the 10th km / h (position “Kamari”) to the 25th h / th (position “Agios Athanasios”).
- On the Provincial Road of Agios Athanasios – Glyfada.
- On the Provincial Road of Kontodespoti – Agia Sofia.
- On the Provincial Road Steni – Stroponon.
- On the Lepouron – Karystos Provincial Road, from the 44.5th km / h (Porto Lafia) to the 57th km / h (Marble Crossing).
- On the Provincial Road Lepouron – Styra, from Mesochoria to Styra (Old road network).
- On the Provincial Road Vouta – Papadon (via Kokkinomilia).
- On the Provincial Road Vouta – Rovies.
- On the Provincial Road of Kymi – N. Artakis, from the 6th km to the 17th km.
- On the Provincial Road Monodriou – Amarynthos, from the 3rd km to the 15th km.
- On the Provincial Road Kymi – Andronianon, from the 5th to the 10th.
Prefecture of Evritania
The traffic of vehicles, due to snowfall – frost, is carried out with the use of anti-skid chains:
- On the Old National Road Karpenisi – Lamia (Raches Timfristou).
- On the Provincial Road of Karpenisi – Karpenisi Ski Center, from the 1st x / th to the 15th x / th.
- On the Provincial Road Karpenisi – Fourna – Karditsa, from the 12th km / h position “Vrachos”, to the borders with the Prefecture of Karditsa, position “Zacharaki”.
- On the Provincial Road Karpenisi-Krikellou – Domnistas, from the 12th km / h to the 25th km / h.
- On the Provincial Road Karpenisi – Prousos – Agrinio, from the 35th km / s position “Arapokefala” to the 45th km / h.
Prefecture of Fokida
- The traffic of vehicles, due to snowfall – frost, is carried out with the use of anti-skid chains on the Provincial Road Arachova – Eptalofou, from the 16th to the 18th km / h.
«We expect intensity of the weather phenomenon in the next hours and we are preparing to cope» said the governor Mr. Spanos shortly after the end of the conference and added: «We cooperate with the municipalities, the Civil Protection, the Police, the Fire Brigade, the 5th Health District, EKAB and HEDNO, in order to deal with any phenomenon that occurs. We continue with all our strength and call on the citizens to follow the instructions of the Civil Protection and to avoid unnecessary movements.».
Continuous information about the bad weather “Elpis”
The wild snowplows of Attica are ready…
Frozen roads: tips for drivers and pedestrians
See ALL the latest news happening at newsauto